North Yorkshire Learning Disability Partnership Board Forum
The North Yorkshire Learning Disability Partnership Board Forum is another way to make sure that the voice of people with learning disabilities is at the heart of the work of the North Yorkshire Learning Disability Partnership Board.
What we do
The Forum is a great place to speak up and be heard. We meet four times a year to talk about things that are important to us. We find fun and creative ways to make a difference. Read about some of the things we have done - and things we want to do - here.
Recently, we celebrated all the things we have achieved through our self-advocacy work over the last couple of years. You can find out more here.
Who can come?
Anyone in North Yorkshire with a learning disability or autism. To find out more about being part of the Forum please contact Dawn Hague, KeyRing Self-Advocacy Service on 07977019407 or email Dawn.Hague@keyring.org
The aims of the NYLDPB Forum are:
- To come together to make our voice as strong as possible;
- To make sure people with learning disabilities can have their say about what happens in the future;
- To make sure people with learning disabilities get the right information about what is going on in North Yorkshire and in other places across the country;
- To make sure people with learning disabilities are part of checking work that is happening in North Yorkshire;
- To make sure people with learning disabilities in North Yorkshire can help each other solve problems and share their experience; and
- To make sure that Valuing People Now and any other big plans such as health or housing are happening and making good things happen for people with learning disabilities.
The forum meets four times a year at venues across North Yorkshire.
The dates for the forum meetings for 2024 are:
Tuesday February 27th - we will be talking about housing
Tuesday April 30th - we will be talking about having the right support
Tuesday July 30th
Tuesday October 29th
If you would like more information on these forums or to book a place, please email HASengagement@northyorks.gov.uk
What is a self advocate?
In June 2017, self-advocates made this short film to tell people about what self-advocacy is, and why it is so important:
For more information
For more information about the forum please contact the Participation and Engagement team at HASengagement@northyorks.gov.uk