The national Covid-19 vaccination program is an important step in the response to the coronavirus.
North Yorkshire County Council is working with the NHS, the Government and community organisations to make sure people have information they need about the vaccine, in a format that they can use.
You can find the latest information about the vaccine on the North Yorkshire County Council website.
This page has links to helpful and accessible information about the Covid-19 vaccine. There is also information in different community languages.
Services are encouraged to use and share these with people you support to ensure that they have the most up to date information in a format that they understand and which meets their needs.
Accessible information about the vaccine
- UK Government information on Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters in easy read and a range of community languages here and here
- UK Government / Public Health England information on Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters in British Sign Language (BSL) - here
- Information on the third doses and boosters for people with a weakened immune system--here
- Public Health England – NHS ‘A guide to your Covid-19 vaccination (Easy Read Guide) here
- Information about the Covid-19 vaccine for children and young people aged 12 to 17 years in a range of accessible formats and community languages here
- Signhealth British Sign Language (BSL) Covid-19 resources including videos on vaccinations:
- Covid-19 vaccination: Guide for older adults (available in large print format and many community languages here
- Learning Disability England has co-produced a guide for people and organisations that offer paid support to people with learning disabilities. It helps people make a decision about having the Coronavirus vaccine.
- Short film about the coronavirus vaccine for people with a learning disability and autistic people: here
Vaccine Information in Community Languages
The Migrant Information Hub offers resources and information to service providers to support people with different migrant backgrounds to stay safe, connected and informed during Covid-times. They have produced the following information in a range of community languages.
Titles available (click the links to find versions in all available languages)
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination: click here
- A guide for women of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding: click here
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for older adults: click here
Information about the vaccine for different cultural and faith groups
- Video by Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) doctors from Bradford about the vaccine: click here
- Top Ten Questions Imams and Scholars get asked about Vaccines – a paper by the British Board of Scholars & Imams: click here
- British Islamic Medical Association COVID-19 Vaccine Hub: click here
- ‘Note on the morality of using some anti-Covid-19 vaccines’ by The Vatican – click here
For more information about Covid-19 in accessible formats and community languages please visit https://nypartnerships.org.uk/covidinfo
Photographs courtesy of Photosymbols