The North Yorkshire Liaison Group brings together representatives from statutory and third sector partners across the county. The group was previously known as the Thriving Third Sector Steering Group. The Group normally meets at least twice a year.
Mission statement: to facilitate increasing strong, trusted working relationships between the two sectors.
The North Yorkshire Liaison Group will -
- Lead and drive the integrated commissioning of services through co-design and co-production between the two sectors
- Support cross-sector, multi-agency problem-solving across the County
- Coordinate one conversation between the sectors with clear messages, reached with a shared understanding of what they mean
- Build trust , respect and mutual appreciation of both sectors, throughout each sector
- Oversee adherence to the Compact principles and provide a mechanism for the effective and efficient resolution of issues and concerns relating to practices and processes, which have a detrimental impact on a thriving voluntary and community sector. This includes commissioning and resourcing issues as well as the Compact principles
- Oversee the implementation of good practice standards in commissioning, funding, partnership working, representation
- Consider other cross-sector issues as appropriate
The core membership of the Group is made up of representatives from the public and VCSE sectors, based on membership of the Chief Executives Group and the VCS Strategic Leaders Group, with the opportunity for additional partners to be invited to attend for specific discussions. The Chair of the Group alternates between the County Council and Community First Yorkshire, and secretariat of the Group is shared between the two organisations.
Papers for meetings will be published on the North Yorkshire partnerships website unless there is a strong reason for keeping them confidential.
Recent meeting papers
If you are interested in the work of the Group or to access archived minutes of the group before 2019 please contact Claire Lowery email@example.com 01609 535416.