About North Yorkshire Health Task Group
The North Yorkshire Health Task Group is part of the North Yorkshire Learning Disability Partnership Board. The group's role is to improve access to health services and reduce health inequalities for people with learning disability and/or autism.
The group aims to:
- Focus on health issues for people with a learning disability and/or autism in North Yorkshire
- Talk about national and local health issues, reports and campaigns including Transforming Care and the Learning Disabilities Mortality Review (LeDeR).
- Find out what’s working well in health services, what needs to change and what is missing.
- Think about health needs for everyone including people with complex needs.
- Help to make the health actions in the Live Well Live Longer Learning Disability Strategy happen.
- Help to improve access to health services e.g. Doctors’ surgeries, speech therapy, screening and annual health checks.
- Raise awareness of the health needs of people in North Yorkshire with learning disability and/or autism.
- Share information about health with Local Area Groups and the North Yorkshire Learning Disability Partnership Board.
- Hear from Local Area Groups about health issues in their areas, what is working well and what is not working well.
- Take actions as a result of decisions we’ve made at this group.
- Ask professionals and patient groups what they are doing to improve access to health services for people in North Yorkshire.
Staying healthy during the pandemic:
- Staying healthy questions
- Staying healthy - true or false
- Staying healthy - wordsearch
- Healthy eating - wordsearch
- Which food will you choose?
- Keeping healthy quiz
- Flu vaccine leaflet
- Flu vaccine poster
Sadly the rest of our 2020 meetings have been cancelled due to coronavirus. Read about what we are doing instead of meeting here.
You can also read the June update from the Co-Chair here
Please note that we only keep minutes on this page for the last two years. If you want any minutes further back than this, please contact Shanna Carrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your health – the learning disability register and annual health checks
If you have a learning disability you can get extra support when visiting the doctor. To do so you need to join the Learning Disability Register - which could also mean you can have a free annual health check.
The North Yorkshire Health Task Group is working hard to tell everyone about annual health checks, and how important they are for people with a learning disability. This work is part of our North Yorkshire Live Well Live Longer strategy action plans.
Here’s a video from the NHS that tells you all about annual health checks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C8R_bJdLSQ
And here are some really useful guides for self-advocates, family carers and supporters: