The current economic climate poses significant challenges but there are also opportunities in tackling these obstacles and in preparing ourselves for a brighter economic future. Some of the economic challenges and opportunities facing North Yorkshire include:
- a mixed economy which is reliant on a smaller working population than elsewhere in the region and the country;
- North Yorkshire's stunning natural environment and heritage which are key to its economic success, as well as encouraging creative industries and investing in a sustainable, year-round tourist industry;
- a need to overcome our access and connectivity issues through better transport links and high-speed broadband connections; and
- the challenge of tackling potential large scale unemployment in the next few years, particularly from the public sector.
Local Enterprise Partnerships are a new approach to put private business in the driving seat to support business expansion and remove barriers to growth. To find out more use the menu on the left of the page.
- News and events
- Strategic leadership
- Children and young people
- Voluntary and community sector
- Health and wellbeing
- Safer communities
- North Yorkshire police and crime panel
- Resources for partnership working
- North Yorkshire Welcome Pack