Physical and sensory impairment partnership board
The multi-agency physical and sensory impairment partnership board was set up in June 2006 and is a member of the adult strategic partnership thematic group.
The aims of the partnership board are:
- To ensure services are planned and delivered in ways that enable disabled people to exercise choice and control over how their additional needs are met; and
- To promote access to the full range of services that many people take for granted, in keeping with the social model of disability.
The primary focus of the partnership board is on people of working age. However, areas of service development will include people over 65 and young disabled people in transition to adult services, where this is considered relevant and effective.
The partnership board has refreshed the first "equal lives strategy" multi-agency plan for the next five years, 2011 - 2016. The strategy covers a wide range of themes, such as: health, housing, transport, employment, social care services, access and information. The equal lives action plan covers some of the objectives in the first year. You can download the strategy and action plans on the right.
Membership of the partnership board
The physical and sensory impairment partnership board is made up of representatives of disabled people and carers as well as health, social care and other organisations in North Yorkshire. See the membership of the partnership board page for more details.
For more information
For further information, please contact Carol Johnson on 01609 534096 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Adults strategic partnership
- North Yorkshire safeguarding adults board
- Older people's partnership board
- Learning disability partnership board
- Physical and sensory impairment partnership board